Oceankind is a philanthropic organization supporting a range of organizations and activities with the goal of improving and preserving the health of marine ecosystems. Within Oceankind, the Oceankind Labs portfolio covers a diverse range of grants and investments all targeted towards advancing technologies for ocean conservation. The Oceankind Labs Program Manager will provide operational support for all activities within Oceankind Labs. This will include managing budgets, grant reporting, events and meetings, and internal processes; all with the goal of improving the efficiency and effectiveness of our philanthropic programs.
Oceankind follows a trust based grantmaking approach by providing general operating, multi year support to grantees, listening and incorporating grantee feedback into our policies and processes, and holding regular check-ins with our partners in lieu of written narrative reporting requirements. For more information about our approach, values and grantmaking philosophy, please visit oceankind.org.
Oceankind staff are currently working remotely with occasional travel to Oakland, Santa Cruz or Palo Alto for in-person staff meetings. When public health orders allow, the Labs Program Manager will be located in the San Francisco Bay Area with frequent travel to Santa Cruz required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience. A technical degree would be helpful, though not necessary.
- 3 years experience in a program management, operations, or administration role. Preferably in a tech environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong initiative and bias towards action.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- A fast learner, and able to quickly get up to speed in disparate areas.
- Develop, improve and maintain internal processes and templates for grantmaking, investments, and internal reporting.
- Support meetings and events by managing and maintaining agendas, and follow up items that require attention.
- Manage the Oceankind Labs budget ensuring regular visibility into both opex and grantmaking spend across all Labs program areas.
- Coordinate with existing grantees and portfolio companies to ensure regular update meetings happen and any necessary reporting documentation is received in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the CTO and Program Officers to draft, update, and maintain OKRs.
- Coordinate with the Oceankind Conservation team on cross-functional grants, ensuring alignment of programmatic goals.
- Coordinate with the accounting and grant administration team to ensure timely processing of grants and payments.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with background and experience. The benefits package includes a variety of health plan options, a generous 401(k) retirement savings plan, paid time off and sick leave, professional development and educational opportunities, matching gifts, and more.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
Oceankind is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.